Super Easy Turkey Chili
Hello everyone and welcome to another segment of...
The Fall season is definitely among us. It's honestly my favorite season because of the general climate, the colorful leaves, Halloween, and the food. People start eating more hearty foods during the Fall and Winter months and I'm all about hearty meals! They just seem so comforting and inviting that you can't help but love a good, rich soup, or thick chili. That's exactly what I'm bringing you today.
When I started dating my wife, she decided to make chili for me. Now, my wife is a lightweight when it comes to the scoville scale. Actually lightweight would imply that she can handle any heat at all...she's more in the infant league when it comes to hotness. So, if you are someone who prefers spicy chili then this exact recipe won't be your thing. Though, you can simply get a hot chili packet or add some of your own hot peppers to the mix because this one is going to be very mild but still quite delicious
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can light red kidney beans
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 1 Bag Fritos (optional)
- 1 Bag Shredded Cheddar (optional)
- Frying Pan/Skillet
- Cooking Spray
- Large Pot (with cover)
6. Stir the pot - Make sure everything in the pot is mixed together thoroughly
9. Lower temp, let sit and stir - Lower the temperature of the eye to Low and allow the chili to cook for around 30 minutes. Stir the mixture every 7-10 minutes so that nothing sticks to the bottom.
This is something that my family enjoys throughout the cold months and I hope that you will enjoy it too! It's the perfect hot meal to sit around the house and watch TV while eating. It's also one of those meals that tastes better once you've put the leftovers in the fridge and re-heated a bowl the next day. True it's not the most hot of chili recipes but that can easily be remedied if you want to add some pepper or a hotter seasoning packet. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
This is Ghost fading into the darkness.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to see my other food topics and recipes then simply click here!