Hello everyone and welcome to another segment of...
Ever since I was young, I've always enjoyed weird and creative looking foods. A Halloween punch bowl with dry ice, a kitty litter cake, several of the interesting foods created on the various Food Network shows... the list could go on and on. With this love of the unique, when my wife found this recipe on Pinterest I was chomping at the bit to help create it. Today I would like to share that recipe with you.
Gather Your Ingredients
- 1 package oreos
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding (approx 3.9 oz)
- 1 small package instant chocolate pudding (approx 3.9 oz)
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 12 oz cool whip
- 1 package gummy worms (8 oz)
- 1 gallon zip-lock bag
- rolling pin (or something else to crush oreos)
- 2 mixing bowls
- spatula or mixing spoon
- measuring cup(s)
- trifle bowl
- large serving bowl of any kind can be used in the place of a glass trifle bowl
1. Soften the cream cheese
You can either allow the cream cheese to slowly come to room temperature over 30-40 minutes or you can place it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds
2. Crush Oreos
Place the entire contents of the oreo package in a gallon zip-lock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or something else.
3. Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl
4. Combine until uniform texture
5. Place both packages of pudding and milk in another mixing bowl
6. Whisk until uniform texture
Ensure you have whisked for at least 2 solid minutes to make sure the pudding will set up fully.
7. Add Cream Cheese Sugar Mixture and whisk until uniform once more.
8. Add cool whip to the mixture and whisk until uniform consistency
9. Begin making dirt trifle by placing a layer of crushed oreos on the bottom of the trifle bowl.
10. Continue layering with pudding mixture spread over top of oreos
11. Add a third layer of occasional gummy worms.
12. Continue the three layers until you have run out of pudding mixture.
Make sure to leave a few crushed oreos for the very top of the trifle and perhaps place some worms crawling over the edge of the bowl or out of the oreos for a nice effect.
13. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving
14. Once chilled, spoon into bowl or plate and serve!
That's honestly all there is to it. This is so simple that a child could honestly do it. The only difficult part is making sure the layers aren't too thick or else you'll end up with only a couple layers like in the picture above. It may take a couple of attempts to figure out how much to put for each pudding layer but as they say, practice makes perfect! I hope you all enjoy this treat that's perfect for parties!
This is Ghost fading into the darkness.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -If you want to see my other food topics and recipes then simply click here!