Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ghost's Kitchen: Italian Breaded Fish

What's Cooking Today?
Italian Fish (and sides of your choice)

Hello everyone and welcome to another segment of...

Buying food is weird especially if you're only cooking for a couple people.  Generally when you're buying frozen chicken breasts or frozen fish fillets you end up getting enough to make between 3-7 meals worth of that same meat.  While that's not really a problem, only knowing or utilizing one way to prepare a meat makes for some very boring eating.  I love the Italian chicken that I make but if that was the only kind of chicken I made I would be so sick of it I wouldn't want to eat it.   The same is true for my tilapia fillets.

When I purchase my fillets I usually end up getting the 4lbs bag of them meaning that my wife and I have enough fish to eat for a month!  Using the same seasonings and pan searing that I showed you in my How To Prepare A Fish Dinner post over and over would make me sick of the things and nearly did.  So off to Google and Pintrest I went to find new ways to fix fish so we could have some variety.  Since I loved my Italian Chicken so much, perhaps I would find a way to make Italian Fish... and before too long I found just the thing.  

Gather Your Ingredients and Tools
  • 2 Thawed Tilapia Fillets
  • Italian Style Bread Crumbs
  • Zesty Italian Salad Dressing
  • 2 Bowls
  • Baking Pan
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Cooking Spray
  • Oven Mitts

1. Foil and Spray Pan and Preheat Oven
Cover the baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.  Set to the side.  Preheat oven to 400°F

2. Fill Bowls
Take your two bowls and partially fill one with zesty Italian salad dressing and the other with Italian Bread Crumbs

3. Drench Fish in Dressing
Simply take your fish fillet and drench it in the salad dressing making sure to get a very good covering of dressing over every inch of the fillet.

4. Dip in Italian Bread Crumbs
Once the fillet is covered in dressing place the fillet in the bowl of Italian bread crumbs and make sure that the entire thing is covered in bread crumbs.  Leave no exposed raw fish.

5. Place on Baking Pan

6. Cook for 20-22 minutes.  
Place in the oven and bake for 20-22 Minutes.  My oven does better with 22 minutes especially for large fillets like those pictured here.

7. Prepare Side Dishes.
During this time prepare some side dishes to go with your fish.  I chose garlic bread and broccoli.  The garlic bread I prepared following the instructions for my toaster oven, and the broccoli was just a simple microwave bag.  You don't need to get all fancy for side dishes.  I didn't picture them here because it's so simple to do something like that.

8. Serve and enjoy!

Hopefully this will add a bit of variety to your fish dinners as it has ours.  Actually this has become the more preferred method of cooking fish in our house now!

This is Ghost fading into the darkness.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you want to see my other food topics and recipes then simply click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment